The Nigeria Football Federation have appointed Emmanuel Amuneke as the new head coach of the country’s U-20s, the Flying Eagles.
The governing body also reprimanded and warned Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh following his recent video rant.
These and other decisions were taken at the executive meeting of the body in Abuja on Tuesday, the NFF said in a press release on Wednesday made available to Completesportsnigeria.com.
Amuneke, who led the Golden Eaglets to win the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup title in Chile, succeeds Manu Garba.
The NFF will also appoint in due course a foreign coach for the Super Falcons. This foreign coach will be assisted by ex-internationals Florence Omagbemi, Perpetua Nkwocha and Ann Chiejine. Omagbemi will take temporary charge for now.
The full text of the communique:
1) Executive Committee reviewed the outing of the Super Eagles at the recently–concluded 4th African Nations Championship and the events that followed, and rebuked Head Coach Sunday Oliseh for his unwarranted statements unbecoming of a National Team Coach in both regular and social media. While acknowledging his apology, the Executive Committee made it clear that similar infractions would not be tolerated in future.
2) In line with global best practices, the Committee decided that Coach Oliseh MUST henceforth report to the NFF General Secretary and the Technical and Development Committee, and should be ready to defend his entire program before the Committee, including invitation of players and training programs.
3) The Committee endorsed the recommendation of the Technical and Development Committee for the reconstitution of the technical crew of the U-20 National Team, Flying Eagles. Erstwhile U-17 Head Coach, Emmanuel Amuneke, now heads the U-20 crew with Kabiru Baleria and Emeka Amadi as Assistant Coach and Goalkeeper Trainer respectively.
4) In consonance with its determination to find a holistic solution to the dwindling fortunes of the Senior Women National Team, Falcons, Committee approved the recommendation of the Technical and Development Committee for the appointment of A competent expatriate Coach, within the shortest possible time, for the team. The expatriate Coach will be assisted by former Super Falcons’ Captains, Florence Omagbemi, Perpetua Nkwocha and Ann Chiejine, with Bala Mohammed as Goalkeeper Trainer. Omagbemi will head the crew in the acting capacity in the meantime.
5) Executive Committee approved the recommendation of the Technical and Development Committee that the backroom staff of the various National Teams be reconstituted immediately, with the exception of the Super Eagles.
6) The Executive Committee also approved a recommendation by the Technical and Development Committee for processes to be put in place for the training, grading and certification of all categories of football coaches in Nigeria. The program, which would be run in conjunction with a Consultant to be approved by the Executive Committee, will commence once approval is secured from the Confederation of African Football.
7) The immediate disengagement of Mr. Tijjani Babangida as Personal Assistant to Super Eagles’ Coach, Sunday Oliseh, as recommended by the Technical and Development Committee, was unanimously approved and General Secretary was therefore mandated to follow the due process in effecting his disengagement.
8) The Committee approved a recommendation by the NFF Referees Committee for the introduction of Referee Assessor for matches of the Nigeria National League from this season.
9) The Executive Committee constituted ad-hoc Committees to study and compose governance structures for the Nigeria National League, Nigeria Women Football League and the Nationwide League One, and report back to the Executive Committee within four (4) weeks. The Committees as composed, are: NIGERIA NATIONAL LEAGUE: Barr. Seyi Akinwunmi (Chairman); Dodo Isah (Member); Alloy Chukwuemeka (Member); Lawrence Katken (Secretary). NIGERIA WOMEN FOOTBALL LEAGUE: Alh. Babagana Kalli (Chairman); Sam Kumbo (Member); Emmanuel Zira (Member). NATIONWIDE LEAGUE ONE: Alh. Ibrahim Musa Gusau (Chairman); Julius Atete (Member); Umar Garba (Member); Ibere Amarazu (Member); Ibrahim Baba Ali (Member); Seun Omotayo (Member); Aliyu Kassim (Member).
Jiji.ng the cheapest online shopping in Nigeria.
How frustration Almost Drove Me out Of My Marriage Before My Husband found A Solution To His Small Manhood And Now Last 30 Minute In Bed without Any Side Effect. Click Here To Read Our Testimony..
Attention: 3 Friuts you Neglect but Will Help You Fight Against Premature Ejaculation, Weak Erection and Small Blokos. Take Action Here Uncover how I make $400 weekly on Facebook using never been revealed Social Media tools.