Uchebo hints at Venlo exit in the summer
Posted: May 28, 2012
VVV Venlo of Holland Nigerian striker, Michael Uchebo has told Complete Sports that he will leave the club this summer unless his salary is increased by the club.
Uchebo whose contract expires in the summer was close to a January move to English side Stoke City revealed that he is ready for a fresh challenge with a new club but will consider Venlo if the club is ready to keep him.
"My contract ends this season but I have to consider other options if my wages are not increased," began the former Enugu Rangers lanky attacker.
"I'd love a fresh challenge elsewhere but my agent Tony Harris should know the teams I may possibly join," he added.
Uchebo, 22, made just 15 league starts for Venlo who survived the drop this season, with a further 13 appearances from the bench, in a season which was also hampered by injury.
He made it clear he will not be signing a new deal, which has made hard-up Venlo keen to get things sorted out in the January transfer window.
During his trials at Stoke, Manager Tony Pulis affirmed that the former youth international was technically blessed.
He said then: "Technically he looks a good player, but he's not going to be for us," Pulis had told BBC Radio.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Clark: Odemwingie Won't Go Cheap (0 comments)
- » MARTINS BACK IN FULL TRAINING FOR MLS CLUB (0 comments)
- » KESHI LEADS 12 HOME-BASED EAGLES TO GERMANY (0 comments)
- » DANNY SHITTU SIGNS NEW MILLWALL DEAL (0 comments)
- » Sidney Sam Set to Dumb Nigeria (0 comments)
- » Give Rafa all the Credit! (0 comments)
- » OWOLABI: EAGLES NEED SUPPORT TO DELIVER W/CUP TICKET (0 comments)
There are no comments