F/EAGLES’ STAR’S LA CORUNA DEAL HITS SNAG
Posted: Jun 29, 2012
Former Flying Eagles midfielder at 2011 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Colombia, Sani Tahir's dream to pen a lucrative deal with newly promoted Spanish La Liga side, Deportivo La Coruna has hit a snag, Complete Sports can reveal today.
Tahir had impressed La Coruna manager, Jose Luis Oltra, who had tracked him during the 2011 FIFA World Youth Championship.
But Oltra's move to add the Nigerian in his emerging La Liga squad list hit a rough patch with the Danish first Division side, Vejle Boldklub, thought to be asking for two million Euros for the left-sided midfielder whose three-year contract will run out in December 2012.
Tahir's agent revealed that Deportivo La Coruna was not happy that Vejle was asking for such a huge transfer fee, but opted to wait until December when the Nigerian junior international would have seen out his contract at Vejle so he can move as a free agent.
"That is the position of things for now, but Tahir has returned to Denmark," Victor MacDonald said.
"Vejle will resume training for the new season on Friday (today) and after that, they will proceed to pre-season in United States of America and later Turkey next week.”
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Standard Chartered Trophy 2013: Anti-climax Finish For Nigeria As Thailand Emerge Champions (0 comments)
- » Mikel Opts out Of Mexico Friendly (0 comments)
- » Yobo Eyes Turkish Cup Win With Fenerbahce (0 comments)
- » Thailand Win 2013 SC Trophy, Nigeria Are Also-ran (0 comments)
- » Beach Soccer Championship: Nigeria Draw Egypt, Civ, Libya (0 comments)
- » Davis Cup: Nigeria Coach Blames Injuries For Failure (0 comments)
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Moves In Chicken Advert (0 comments)
There are no comments