RWANDA COACH WARY OF EAGLES
Posted: Jun 13, 2012
Rwanda head coach Milutin ‘Micho’ Sredojovic believes his team needs to step up their game if they are to beat the Super Eagles and remain in the race for the 2013 Nations Cup.
The Amavubi Stars face Nigeria in the second leg of their Nations Cup qualifier after the first leg in Kigali in February ended goalless.
“Amavubi is good on the Cecafa level but we need to improve beyond our region,” he said after seeing his side draw at home to Benin in a World Cup qualifier last weekend.
The Serb rued the missed chances and lack of concentration in-front of the opponent’s goal following the team’s 1-all draw with Benin in a group H 2014 World Cup qualifier on Sunday.
Micho is disappointed with the result but happy with the commitment, dedication and hard work of his players.
“If there was justice in football, we were supposed to win this game, but lack of experience at the international level by most of our players hugely affected our push for maximum points.
“We came into the game determined to win. We had a perfect first half and created many goal scoring chances, which we unfortunately did not convert,” said the Serb in the post-match press conference.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Namibia Coach Rues Players Poor Fitness Ahead Eagles clash (0 comments)
- » Mikel On Course To Reclaim Chlesea Playing Time (0 comments)
- » Eagles Face Adidas XI Monday (0 comments)
- » Moyes Eyes Thiago (0 comments)
- » Santos Reject Barca's €20m Neymar Bid (0 comments)
- » KESHI GIVES UP ON MIKEL (0 comments)
- » Chelsea Swoop On Yilmaz, Arda Turan (0 comments)
There are no comments