UMEH: NFF OWES SAINTFIET NO APOLOGY
Posted: Jun 22, 2012
First Vice-President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Chief Mike Umeh, has declared that the Glass House has no apologies for Tom Saintfiet over the NFF’s change of stance on his appointment as Technical Director of the NFF.
Umeh said NFF had to accept the Sports Minister’s position on Saintfiet’s appointment in view of his position and genuine interest in the good of the game in Nigeria.
“We have to accept the minister’s position because NFF holds him and his position in high esteem. Besides, he has good intention for the development of Nigeria football and NFF in particular,” Umeh said.
“We are not worried about Saintfiet’s threat to drag us to FIFA. But if I may ask, on what basis is he contemplating to report us to FIFA?
“Which document does he have to present to FIFA? Any way, he can go ahead and report us to FIFA if it’s true that he is actually planning to do so.”
The former Namibia and Ethiopia national team coach was recently confirmed by the NFF board as the Technical Director of the federation much to the chagrin of a section of football stakeholders in the country who believe that Saintfiet was not the ideal man for such an exalted position, since there are several Nigerian coaches that can do the job.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » MARTINS SCORES 3RD GOAL IN 4TH GAME (0 comments)
- » Ogu, Michael to Join eagles on Wednesday (0 comments)
- » HEARTLAND DOWN ABS, GO ATOP LOG (0 comments)
- » Rangers Pip CS Sfaxien 1-0 (0 comments)
- » Newcastle U. 0 - 1 Arsenal (0 comments)
- » Standard Chartered Trophy Final 2013: Nigeria Targets Gold (0 comments)
- » OBUH NAMES PROVISIONAL SQUAD FOR U-20 WORLD CUP (0 comments)