UTAKA SETS 10 GOALS TARGET
Posted: Jun 29, 2012
Nigerian striker Peter Utaka, has said that he is capable of scoring 10 goals in the current Chinese top flight.
The out-of- favour Super Eagles marksman hit his fifth goal of the campaign at the weekend in Dalian Aerbin's two all draw away to Nicholas Anelka's Shanghai Shenhua with Didier Drogba in the stands.
"I'm looking forward to scoring more goals in the league, which I hope can help us do well, " Utaka told Complete Sports from his base.
"We have just started the second half of the league and with eight games to play, it won't be impossible for me to score five more goals to make it a double digit figure this term."
The former OB Odense of Denmark ace also rated the Chinese league high, especially with the influx of quality players from across Europe.
"If the league here is less in quality, certainly, the likes of Didier Drogba and Anelka would not have come."
"There are quality players in the league and it is competitive too. It can only be better as more big players continue to come into it," Utaka said.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Standard Chartered Trophy 2013: Anti-climax Finish For Nigeria As Thailand Emerge Champions (0 comments)
- » Mikel Opts out Of Mexico Friendly (0 comments)
- » Yobo Eyes Turkish Cup Win With Fenerbahce (0 comments)
- » Thailand Win 2013 SC Trophy, Nigeria Are Also-ran (0 comments)
- » Beach Soccer Championship: Nigeria Draw Egypt, Civ, Libya (0 comments)
- » Davis Cup: Nigeria Coach Blames Injuries For Failure (0 comments)
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Moves In Chicken Advert (0 comments)
There are no comments