Wigan Want Anichebe To Replace Moses
Posted: Jun 22, 2012
Victor Anichebe has emerged as a transfer target for Wigan Athletic – should the Latics cash in on Victor Moses.
Wigan chairman Dave Whelan this week laughed off a £4million bid from Chelsea for forward Moses, who was a key player in Roberto Martinez’s side remarkable fight to avoid relegation last season.
The Latics are holding out for more than double that amount but, with Moses entering the final 12 months of his contract, are aware they must sell the player this summer or risk losing him for nothing next year.
Martinez has therefore already started earmarking possible replacements with Anichebe featuring prominently on his wanted list.
Injuries and inconsistent form have restricted the 24-year-old – who has three years remaining on his present contract – to just 30 starts in the last four seasons, during which he has netted only eight times.
Moyes may be tempted to part with Anichebe as he looks to raise funds to make permanent Steven Pienaar’s Goodison return.
Tottenham Hotspur are believed to want around £5million for the South African, who spent the second half of last season on loan at Everton.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Yobo Wins Turkish Cup, Nominated For Top Award (0 comments)
- » Kano Pillars Thump Kaduna United 3-2, Reclaim Top Spot (0 comments)
- » Oduamadi Joins Eagles Thursday (0 comments)
- » Martins Promises More Sounders Goals (0 comments)
- » Kryvbas Reject Offer For Michael (0 comments)
- » OSUCHUKWU: I WANT TO WIN U-20 W/CUP WITH F/EAGLES (0 comments)
- » Sanogo: Arsenal is my Choice (0 comments)
There are no comments