Posted: Jul 21, 2012
Emenike Hits The Ground Running
Emmanuel Emenike promptly took off from where he left off last season, banging in two goals for Spartak Moscow in a 2-1 win over Viktoria Plzen in a pre-season friendly in Austria penultimate Thursday.
A second warm-up game ended 1-1 against Greece side, Olympiakos last weekend but the Nigerian was not on the scoresheet.
The controversial but talented striker was the Russian club’s goleador last season with 13 goals and he would still be looked upon to deliver the goods in the forthcoming season.
And having committed himself to the club by signing a four-year deal with the Russian top side, the player is looking to surpassing his previous goals return by setting a 20-goal target for himself.
Spartak Moscow will begin their new season campaign with an opening fixture against homers Alania today in the Russian Premier League.
National team coach, Stephen Keshi is believed to be on the verge of recalling the power-playing striker into the Super Eagles squad.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Standard Chartered Trophy 2013: Anti-climax Finish For Nigeria As Thailand Emerge Champions (0 comments)
- » Mikel Opts out Of Mexico Friendly (0 comments)
- » Yobo Eyes Turkish Cup Win With Fenerbahce (0 comments)
- » Thailand Win 2013 SC Trophy, Nigeria Are Also-ran (0 comments)
- » Beach Soccer Championship: Nigeria Draw Egypt, Civ, Libya (0 comments)
- » Davis Cup: Nigeria Coach Blames Injuries For Failure (0 comments)
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Moves In Chicken Advert (0 comments)
There are no comments
OKOCHA BACKS NFF ON CUT MEASURES YOBO MAY GET EAGLES RECALL Chelsea in for £25m Gomez Goals Warlord! FLYING EAGLES WIN SECOND TEST GAME OKAGBARE WINS IN BEIJING Former Olympic Star Joins Sharks ISAH AKOR: I‘M GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY FOR SUPER EAGLES Tottenham Join Race For Osaze Eagles Not Yet Super, Says Mastoroudes