Serena Williams wins her 5th Wimbledon title
Posted: Jul 07, 2012
Serena Williams won her fifth Wimbledon title, and 14th major championship, by beating Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland 6-1, 5-7, 6-2 Saturday.
Williams had little trouble at the start on Centre Court, using her hard serve and powerful groundstrokes to win the first five games and run Radwanska all over the grass.
Radwanska, who was playing in her first Grand Slam final, has been ill with a respiratory problem, making it difficult for her to speak. In the second set and already down a break, the third-seeded Pole was coughing and blowing her nose during a changeover.
But she broke Williams in the next game to even the score at 4-4, and then broke again to win the second set.
Williams responded in the third set, breaking twice and serving out to win another major title.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Amata Makes IAAF Diamond League Debut In New York (0 comments)
- » 3SC Appoint Busari Substantive Coach (0 comments)
- » Kenya Replace Oliech With Agogo For Eagles Clash (0 comments)
- » Kenya Begin Preparation For Eagles Clash Monday (0 comments)
- » Yobo Relishes Turkish Cup Win (0 comments)
- » Ugbade: Eaglets'll Start W/Cup Preparation In June (0 comments)
- » Lewis Hamilton Pimps Helmet With Cartoon Of Girlfriend And Dog For Monaco Grand Prix (0 comments)
There are no comments