D'igers Look At Positives
Posted: Aug 06, 2012
D'Tigers still have something to cheer even after the American basketball team battered them and they lost to Argentina at the Nigerians' first ever Olympic participation.
''It's painful that things did not go well with us after our first game but we still have something to savour. We are the first African team to have won a game at the Olympics. That is something good in our first attempt at the Olympics. Other African countries that came to the Olympics before us never won a game,'' Olumide Oyedeji said.
He attributed their defeats to the injuries in their camp. ''We're struggling with injuries. Some of our fine players are down with injuries. When your points guard is down, it's like when your engine is bad. It can never work and if it does, it can never be the same.''
Looking back at the American game, Olumide said: ''They (USA) did everything perfect, hitting countless three pointers. We need to move ahead because the future is bright for the game in Nigeria. All we need do is to give it only two per cent of what is given to football. Rome was not built in a day. We have young players who can propel the team to greater heights.”
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Clark: Odemwingie Won't Go Cheap (0 comments)
- » MARTINS BACK IN FULL TRAINING FOR MLS CLUB (0 comments)
- » KESHI LEADS 12 HOME-BASED EAGLES TO GERMANY (0 comments)
- » DANNY SHITTU SIGNS NEW MILLWALL DEAL (0 comments)
- » Sidney Sam Set to Dumb Nigeria (0 comments)
- » Give Rafa all the Credit! (0 comments)
- » OWOLABI: EAGLES NEED SUPPORT TO DELIVER W/CUP TICKET (0 comments)
There are no comments