LIBERIA LINE-UP MALAWI FRIENDLY
Posted: Aug 21, 2012
The Lone Star of Liberia will face the Flames of Malawi in a friendly match on the 4th of September in Monrovia, ahead of the first leg of the 2013 Africa Nations Cup qualifier against the Super Eagles of Nigeria on the 9th of September.
The Lone Star lost their last friendly game against 2012 Nations Cup co-hosts, Equatorial Guinea, by a lone goal at the Estadio De Malabo on the 14th of this month.
The Eagles had earlier this year defeated Liberia 2-0 in a friendly game and coach of the side, Stephen Keshi, believes that win was not an indication that his side will enjoy a smooth ride against Liberia.
"This next game in September is totally different, and we need to prepare, plan and organise our team. We can't wait for Liberia to surprise us.”
"We're working on that and we don't want to think about failure, even if failure is part of life because we learn from it," he added.
The Lone Stars are currently ranked 117 on the FIFA world monthly ranking table and 34th in Africa, as against the Eagles who are 58th overall and 11th on the continent.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Yobo Wins Turkish Cup, Nominated For Top Award (0 comments)
- » Kano Pillars Thump Kaduna United 3-2, Reclaim Top Spot (0 comments)
- » Oduamadi Joins Eagles Thursday (0 comments)
- » Martins Promises More Sounders Goals (0 comments)
- » Kryvbas Reject Offer For Michael (0 comments)
- » OSUCHUKWU: I WANT TO WIN U-20 W/CUP WITH F/EAGLES (0 comments)
- » Sanogo: Arsenal is my Choice (0 comments)
There are no comments