Yak Hits 6th Goal in Seven Games
Posted: Sep 17, 2012
Yakubu Aiyegbeni scored his sixth goal against Shanghai Shenxin for Chinese club Guangzhou R&F, who are third in the table.
Chinese Super League team Guangzhou R&F beat Shanghai Shenxin 3-2 on Sunday.
The former Middlesbrough striker opened scoring for his team in the 32nd minute at the Yeuxiushan Stadium in Guangzhou.
Aiyegbeni has now scored six goals in seven games for Guangzhou R&F, who are now third on the league table with 38 points from 24 matches
In Russia, Nigeria flying winger Ahmed Musa was key as CSKA Moscow' stopped Alaniya 2-0 in a league game on Sunday.
The Nigeria international gave the assists for Keisuke Honda to score a brace in the 49th and 85th minutes.
Musa told MTNFootball.com he would have loved to score goals in the game, but was still delighted to have contributed to the team's victory.
"I am happy that we won and I contributed to it. I would have loved to score, but I am happy that we won because that was the target," Musa said CSKA now occupy second spot on the table with 18 points from 8 games.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Standard Chartered Trophy 2013: Anti-climax Finish For Nigeria As Thailand Emerge Champions (0 comments)
- » Mikel Opts out Of Mexico Friendly (0 comments)
- » Yobo Eyes Turkish Cup Win With Fenerbahce (0 comments)
- » Thailand Win 2013 SC Trophy, Nigeria Are Also-ran (0 comments)
- » Beach Soccer Championship: Nigeria Draw Egypt, Civ, Libya (0 comments)
- » Davis Cup: Nigeria Coach Blames Injuries For Failure (0 comments)
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Moves In Chicken Advert (0 comments)
There are no comments