Emenike Vows To Shoot Eagles To 2013 AFCON
Posted: Oct 10, 2012
Spartak Moscow striker Emmanuel Emenike has vowed to make amends in front of goal when the Super Eagles face the Lone Stars of Liberia in Saturday’s second leg 2013 AFCON clash at the UJ Esuene stadium.
Both teams played out a 2-2 in the first leg clash in Monrovia but Emenike was guilty of poor finishing in the first leg. He says his goals will end Liberia’s dream of featuring at the Nations Cup.
“I hope to score on Saturday,” the ex-Fenerbache striker began.
“Because I want to represent Nigeria at the Nations Cup in South Africa in January, and I guess the time is now,
“It’s the second leg, and don’t forget we didn’t qualify for the last edition of the Nations Cup, which was painful but I believe Liberia won’t stop us at all.”
The former Karabukspor star swelled the number of professional players in camp to 14 following the arrival of 13 foreign-based players who joined the seven players from the Nigeria Premier League.
Victor Moses, Austin Ejide, Vincent Enyeama, Nosa Igiebor, Ikechukwu Uche, Elderson Echejile, Ahmed Musa, Obiora Nwankwo, Ike Uche, Efe Ambrose, Onazi Ogenyi, Joel Obi and Brown Ideye.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Mexico Set To Unleash Chicharito On Eagles (0 comments)
- » Mikel May Miss Eagles' Germany Camp (0 comments)
- » Ike Uche Sure Of La Liga Promotion (0 comments)
- » SC Trophy Final 2013: Nigeria Drawn With Cup Holders Singapore (0 comments)
- » Ikhana Canvasses NFF's Support For Rangers (0 comments)
- » Ukrainian Club Rues Odibe Exit (0 comments)
- » Top Seven (7) Highest Paid Nigerian Footballers (0 comments)