ZAMBIA COACH:EAGLES ARE OUR BIGGEST THREAT
Posted: Oct 25, 2012
Zambian coach Herve Renard has identified Nigeria as the major threat to his team in the Group C of the 2013 AFCON Nations Cup.
The defending champions were drawn along with Nigeria, Burkina Faso and Ethiopia in Durban last night for the African showpiece.
Renard said after the draw: “Nigeria will definitely make it to the next round, so also I am confident that Zambia, my team, will as well qualify from the group. Mind you, other teams are no pushovers in this case, because Africa lately has developed to the extent that no team can be considered a minnow anymore.
“Honestly, Nigeria will be a great threat to us in the group.
“They are a very solid side having played them in a friendly in my tenure as coach of Zambia, and apart from that, I could at least see the way they played during the qualifying period; no doubt, they are really a team to beat in the tournament.”
Meanwhile, former Ghana defender Osei Kuffour believes that Group D which consists of Ivory Coast, Tunisia, Algeria and Togo is the toughest group in the tournament.
Today on Complete Sports
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Moves In Chicken Advert (0 comments)
- » British Designer Develops New Badminton Shuttlecock (0 comments)
- » CHAN Eagles to Host Cote D'ivoire July 6 (0 comments)
- » We Won't Go On Relegation - El-Kanemi Manager (0 comments)
- » EJIDE: EAGLES 2014 WORLD CUP DESTINY STILL IN OUR HANDS (0 comments)
- » Kenya Coach Call Up 12 Stars For Eagles Clash (0 comments)
Most Recent Stories
- » Mexico Set To Unleash Chicharito On Eagles (0 comments)
- » Mikel May Miss Eagles' Germany Camp (0 comments)
- » Ike Uche Sure Of La Liga Promotion (0 comments)
- » SC Trophy Final 2013: Nigeria Drawn With Cup Holders Singapore (0 comments)
- » Ikhana Canvasses NFF's Support For Rangers (0 comments)
- » Ukrainian Club Rues Odibe Exit (0 comments)
- » Top Seven (7) Highest Paid Nigerian Footballers (0 comments)