Agbim: I'm Ready For Venezuela
Posted: Nov 01, 2012
Super Eagles goalkeeper, Chigozie Agbim is looking forward to the November 14 international friendly against Venezuela and hopes he plays some part in the game which will be held in Miami, USA.
The Warri Wolves safe hands in a chat with Complete Sports, says that given the importance of the game, he would want to be handed some minutes before the Eagles commence camping for the Nations Cup proper.
"The game against Venezuela is a great opportunity for us to stake our claims in the team. The competition for shirts will be there and I would want to be given some game time.”
"Venezuela is a big country in terms of football, one of the best in that part (South America) of the world and it will be a pleasure to play against some of the finest players in Europe.”
"The camping could start pretty soon after the game unless there will be another friendly tie. No player is guaranteed an automatic place in the team, so we have to work hard for our places.”
"It was a huge relief that our efforts eventually paid off and it’s a competition that every one of us are looking forward to, I mean both the home-based and foreign-based players.
We are ready for the challenges ahead," the former Golden Eaglets shot-stopper enthuses.
The Super Eagles chief coach Stephen Keshi has proposed that the team will camp in Faro for the Africa Nations Cup.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » MARTINS SCORES 3RD GOAL IN 4TH GAME (0 comments)
- » Ogu, Michael to Join eagles on Wednesday (0 comments)
- » HEARTLAND DOWN ABS, GO ATOP LOG (0 comments)
- » Rangers Pip CS Sfaxien 1-0 (0 comments)
- » Newcastle U. 0 - 1 Arsenal (0 comments)
- » Standard Chartered Trophy Final 2013: Nigeria Targets Gold (0 comments)
- » OBUH NAMES PROVISIONAL SQUAD FOR U-20 WORLD CUP (0 comments)
There are no comments