Ahead of Sunday's Stamford Bridge showdown between Chelsea and Manchester United, Completesportsnigeria.com presents interesting facts about the game which will see Jose Mourinho return to his former club…
1. Manchester United have won just one of their last 13 English Premier League trips to Stamford Bridge (W1 D4 L8) while Chelsea have lost one home game so far this season.
2. Manchester United have failed to win their last two games away from Old Trafford and Chelsea have recorded back-to-back wins in the league this season just once.
3. Chelsea have kept three clean sheets so far this season against Burnley, Hull and Leicester just as Manchester United against Southampton, Hull and Liverpool.
4. There have been four red cards shown in the last six EPL games between these teams at Stamford Bridge
5. Chelsea have won only five domestic league titles compared to Manchester United's 13.
6. Wayne Rooney has gone six Premier League games without scoring against Chelsea, this after scoring twice from the penalty spot against them in February 2012.
7. Chelsea's Diego Costa leads the top scorers chart with seven goals and he has two assists as well while the highest scorer in the Red Devil squad is Zlatan Ibrahimovic with four goals but the maverick Swede scored against Chelsea in both of his appearances against them last season in the Champions League.
8.Chelsea have conceded nine goals so far in eight league games just as Manchester United.
9. Chelsea have not lost to United in their last ten meetings in all competition home and away A victory would give Chelsea their 50th win against Manchester United in all competitions
10. No fewer that 12 current first team Chelsea players played under Jose Mourinho during his second stint at Stamford Bridge. Diego Costa, Cesc Fabregas, Nemanja Matic, Eden Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Gary Cahill, Cesar Azpilicueta, Thibaut Courtois, John Terry, Branislav Ivanovic, Ruben Loftus Cheek while Paul Pogba is the only player to have played under Antonio Conte when he was in charge of Juventus.
11. Chelsea have scored 15 goals in the EPL so far in eight games, three more than Manchester United.
12. Manchester United have lost more Premier League fixtures against Chelsea than any other side (16). Of those 16 Chelsea wins against Manchester United, five were recorded by Jose Mourinho, more than any other boss for the Blues.
13.Manchester United last won a game in London 17 months ago since May 2015, when they beat Crystal Palace 2-1.
Jiji.ng the cheapest online shopping in Nigeria