By Johnny Edward:
Out of contract Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi has disclosed that he has no issues with any member of the Executive Committee of the Nigeria Football Federation.
The media has been awash with reports suggesting that the (NFF) agreed to give Keshi a new two-year deal but with a condition that the former Togo and Mali national teams coach first apologizes to the executive committee over an alleged act of insubordination by the former Super Eagles captain.
Keshi whose contract signing has been postponed to next week told Complete Sports exclusively that he is prepared to heed the call of the NFF and rejoin the squad for the CHAN qualifiers next month.
“I don’t have any issues with any member of the NFF, so I don’t know why any board member will want me to apologize,” he began in a chat with Complete Sports.
“If unintentionally, I erred, that will be settled amicably personally. I’m ready and waiting for the call from the Federation,”
NFF president AmajuPinnick said on Wednesday that the deal had been approved by the board and that all is now set for the 53-year-old to sign.
“Keshi’s contract has been approved by the NFF board, I can confirm that to Nigerians.
“All that is left now is for him to sign it. As we speak, Keshi has not put pen to paper”.
Keshi who guided Nigeria to the AFCON title in 2013 was delighted that the general elections was peaceful.
“Thank God for the peace that reigns. We can only hope for the best,”
Keshi however refused to react to the performance of the Eagles in their recent games against Uganda at home and South Africa away.Watch The Premier League Live!! with EXPRESSVPN the #1 Trusted Name in VPN