Chelsea Striker Didier Drogba: I'm Getting Even Better With Age
Posted: Dec 02, 2010
Chelsea forward Didier Drogba has warned the rest of the Premier League that he is getting better as he gets older. The Ivory Coast international turns 33 in a couple of months but insists that he is yet to reach his peak as a footballer as he was a late bloomer in the upper echelons of the professional game.
“I think I'm getting better with age,” Drogba told the club's official magazine.
"I started very late at the highest level as I was 25 when I played one season for Marseille and then I came here.
"So I don't know if that's a good or bad thing, but I feel I'm improving every season.
"And, because I started late, I'm not tired or fed up with playing.
"I don't know when I'm going to stop because I love what I'm doing."
The former Marseille player has been captaining the side in the absence of John Terry and Frank Lampard, which has coincided with a poor run of form for the Premier League champions and Drogba not finding the net in six games in all competitions.
“I try to motivate and give the example on the pitch - you've got to make sure what you say in the dressing room, you apply it on the pitch. But it's the same when I'm not captain,” he added.
"This armband doesn't change anything for me. I don't change my personality, I'm the same as always."
However Drogba, in his seventh season at Stamford Bridge, did reveal that he has two aims he still wants to achieve come the end of the season.
"First of all, it is for everybody to be in good health because with health you can try to achieve everything you want," he said.
"Then I want to see everybody at Chelsea celebrating the Champions League at Wembley."
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Standard Chartered Trophy 2013: Anti-climax Finish For Nigeria As Thailand Emerge Champions (0 comments)
- » Mikel Opts out Of Mexico Friendly (0 comments)
- » Yobo Eyes Turkish Cup Win With Fenerbahce (0 comments)
- » Thailand Win 2013 SC Trophy, Nigeria Are Also-ran (0 comments)
- » Beach Soccer Championship: Nigeria Draw Egypt, Civ, Libya (0 comments)
- » Davis Cup: Nigeria Coach Blames Injuries For Failure (0 comments)
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Moves In Chicken Advert (0 comments)