FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Posted: Nov 22, 2011
2007 U-17 World Cup
David De Gea and Dele Ajiboye were in goal for Spain and Nigeria respectively during the final match of the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup. But while the club career of the former has been on an upward swing ever since that final, the latter has not made much progress.
De Gea, who was on the losing side on penalties as the Golden Eaglets won their third world title, has since moved from being first choice at Atletico Madrid and playing in the Europa League final to being first choice at Manchester United, the English Premier League champions and one of the world’s biggest clubs. On the other hand, Ajiboye joined third-division Spanish side Pontevedra in 2009 and left under a cloud this year. He is now without a club but still in the U-23 squad for the Olympic play-offs in Morocco.
Both players are now 21 officially, but there is absolutely no doubt about who will stay longer in the limelight before age catches up with them.
Today on Complete Sports
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Moves In Chicken Advert (0 comments)
- » British Designer Develops New Badminton Shuttlecock (0 comments)
- » CHAN Eagles to Host Cote D'ivoire July 6 (0 comments)
- » We Won't Go On Relegation - El-Kanemi Manager (0 comments)
- » EJIDE: EAGLES 2014 WORLD CUP DESTINY STILL IN OUR HANDS (0 comments)
- » Kenya Coach Call Up 12 Stars For Eagles Clash (0 comments)
Most Recent Stories
- » Mexico Set To Unleash Chicharito On Eagles (0 comments)
- » Mikel May Miss Eagles' Germany Camp (0 comments)
- » Ike Uche Sure Of La Liga Promotion (0 comments)
- » SC Trophy Final 2013: Nigeria Drawn With Cup Holders Singapore (0 comments)
- » Ikhana Canvasses NFF's Support For Rangers (0 comments)
- » Ukrainian Club Rues Odibe Exit (0 comments)
- » Top Seven (7) Highest Paid Nigerian Footballers (0 comments)