LAGOS GOVERNOR’S BOAT RACE FOR FEB 26
Posted: Feb 02, 2011
The one day tournament will take place at Ijede Waterfront on Saturday, 26th of February, 2011.
The competition is organised with the support from the Office of the Senior Special Assistant on Grassroots Sports Development to Governor Raji Fashola headed by Prince Wale Oladunjoye.
According to the spokesman of the association, Mr. Deji Balogun, athletes will fight for honour in at least 24 races where handsome prizes would be given to the first three winners. He also disclosed that overall winning trophies will be given to first to third place winners at the end of the grassroots competition.
Chairman of the association, Mr. Pat Egbele, said races expected to be competed for include 250m, 500m, and 1000m in both male and female categories.
"The competition will also be decided in the lightweight race where athletes are expected to have a maximum weight of 72kg and heavyweight (72kg plus) for the male category. In the female categories, we expected the maximum weight of 68kg for the lightweight race and 68kg plus in the heavyweight," he said.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » MARTINS SCORES 3RD GOAL IN 4TH GAME (0 comments)
- » Ogu, Michael to Join eagles on Wednesday (0 comments)
- » HEARTLAND DOWN ABS, GO ATOP LOG (0 comments)
- » Rangers Pip CS Sfaxien 1-0 (0 comments)
- » Newcastle U. 0 - 1 Arsenal (0 comments)
- » Standard Chartered Trophy Final 2013: Nigeria Targets Gold (0 comments)
- » OBUH NAMES PROVISIONAL SQUAD FOR U-20 WORLD CUP (0 comments)
There are no comments