NPL Will Not Meet Over Adjournment
Posted: Feb 01, 2011
Acting Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Premier league board, Tunji Babalola has stated clearly that there will be no rebidding process for the sponsorship of the league until all court matters involving two Telecom giants, Globacom and MTN are settled, Complete Sports can report.
Babalola who had earlier claimed that due process was not followed in the award of the right and the subsequent execution of the Title Sponsorship Agreement dated 24th December, 2010, said the league body risk being docked by the laws of the land if they go contrary to court injunctions.
"The court has adjourned the case till the 9th of February and we at the board will strictly abide by that ruling. Until that case has been settled, the board would not be meeting to discuss anything, neither are we going to start another bidding process next week," Babalola said.
During the court proceeding on Monday, Counsel to Total Promotions Limited, Bambo Adesanya, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), claimed that the defendants are masterminding plans to go ahead with a fresh bid irrespective of the court suit.
It would be recalled that Justice Binta Murtala-Nyako of the Federal High Court in Lagos ordered that status quo be maintained on the matter until the suit filed by Total Promotions Limited is determined.
The case was adjourned till the 9th of February.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Amata Makes IAAF Diamond League Debut In New York (0 comments)
- » 3SC Appoint Busari Substantive Coach (0 comments)
- » Kenya Replace Oliech With Agogo For Eagles Clash (0 comments)
- » Kenya Begin Preparation For Eagles Clash Monday (0 comments)
- » Yobo Relishes Turkish Cup Win (0 comments)
- » Ugbade: Eaglets'll Start W/Cup Preparation In June (0 comments)
- » Lewis Hamilton Pimps Helmet With Cartoon Of Girlfriend And Dog For Monaco Grand Prix (0 comments)
There are no comments