AGHAHOWA REJOINS SHAKTAR, READY FOR FRESH CHALLENGES
: Jun 19, 2011
Former Super Eagles talismanic striker, Julius Efosa Aghahowa is back in Shakhtar Donetsk, after a loan spell at Ukranian side, Sevastopol.
This is sequel to Sevastopol’s decision not to exercise their option to keep him after his stint with the club.
Aghahowa joined FC Sevastopol at the beginning of the 2010-2011 Ukranian Championship to enable him play with continuity.
However, the former Bendel Insurance forward could only play ten games and scored only one goal.
He is still under contract with Shakhtar and must now return to the club and consider the options available to him.
The player enjoyed rave reviews in his time with the Super Eagles, scoring 14 goals in 32 matches, including Nigeria’s only goal in the match against Sweden at the 2002 World Cup.
He was top scorer at the 2002 African Cup of Nations and also represented Nigeria at the 2000 Summer Olympics.
Today On Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » EPL: Stoke 3 Chelsea 2 (0 comments)
- » EPL: Man United 0 Newcastle 1 (0 comments)
- » Dzeko: Bosnia Have Good Chance (0 comments)
- » Keshi Unsure Eagles Got Easy Draw (0 comments)
- » Iran Coach Wary Of Super Eagles (0 comments)
- » Zabaleta, Aguero Wary Of Super Eagles (0 comments)
- » Amokachi: Eagles Will Advance From Group F (0 comments)