IDEYE ON FIRE FOR DYNAMO KIEV!
: Jul 17, 2011
Bangs Two Goals In Debut Match As Haruna Lukman Also Features
Super Eagles fringe player, Brown Ideye made a scoring debut for his new clubside, Dynamo Kiev in a match against PFC Alexandria, Saturday.
Ideye who left French side, Sochaux and signed a 5-year deal with the Ukrainian side, scored two goals to give Dynamo Kiev a 3-1 away victory.
The former Flying Eagles star from to the 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Canada, was introduced into the game in the second half and he responded by scoring in the 56th and 80th minutes grabbing all the headlines in Ukraine in the process.
Dynamo had been lacking ideas in attack before Ideye’s introduction turned the tide in his team’s favour.
Ideye, who has won one cap with the Super Eagles, began his professional career with Bayelsa United and later moved to Ocean Boys, where he won the Nigeria Premier League with the side in 2006.
The 22-year old forward thereafter left Nigerian shores for Europe’s greener pastures and joined up with Swiss club, Neuchatel Xamas in 2008 spending three years before moving to French club, FC Sochaux.
Ideye’s compatriot at Dynamo Kiev, Haruna Lukman also starred against Alexandria and played the whole duration of the game.
Today On Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Echiejile Optimistic On Eagles' World Cup Chances (0 comments)
- » Agent Silent On Olaitan Injury Spell (0 comments)
- » Eagles’ WCup Venue Still Being Built (0 comments)
- » Obasi On Target In Germany (0 comments)
- » Enyimba Win, But Fail To Qualify (0 comments)
- » Argentina Coach Happy With His Forwards (0 comments)
- » Alloy: Enyeama, Ejide Crucial To Eagles' Success In Brazil (0 comments)