NWOFOR’S VENLO MOVE EXCITES DIKE
: Aug 07, 2011
Enugu Rangers manager, Alphonsus Dike is in cloud nine over the signing of his prolific striker, Uche Nwofor by Dutch Eredivisie side, VVV Venlo on a three-year deal.
Nwofor is with the Flying Eagles at the Fifa Under-20 World Cup in Colombia. He came off the bench to score a brace in the 5-2 demolition of Croatia in day two games of group D.
Even though Dike claimed that information on Nwofor’s new deal has not been made known to them at the Coal City, he told SuperSport.com that he is happy the young lad has decided to move on.
“There is no concrete evidence on our side to confirm Nwofor’s new deal with VVV Venlo, but it may have happened on the other side, we are yet to be told formally.
“But I am aware that many clubs have been on his trail, many have shown interest in him, so if it happens I will not be surprised.
“We are happy for him, his game has actually improved tremendously, he is a workaholic and will surely succeed.
“We will surely miss him, but that is a challenge on us to get a perfect replacement, that is why we are coaches.”
The former Golden Eaglets’ coach said he was not surprised that his ward is scoring goals in Colombia.
“I am not surprised Nwofor scored two goals against Croatia, I was surprised he did not play in the first game against Guatemala, I am sure he would have scored.
“I hope Coach John Obuh will use him against Saudi Arabia and more in the tournament,” he said.
Today On Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » UCL: Bayern Munich 2 Man City 3 (0 comments)
- » Jay-Z Helps Baseball Star Land £147m Deal (0 comments)
- » Ronaldo Set To Open Museum Dedicated To Himself (0 comments)
- » ECHIEJILE: HARDWORK IS KEY TO SUCCESS (0 comments)
- » Iran Skipper: Eagles Don't Scare Us (0 comments)
- » 2014 CHAN: Keshi Insists On The Best (0 comments)
- » FIFA Snub Enyeama In FIFPro Goalkeeper Shortlist (0 comments)