Feed The Yak And He Will Score
Posted: Sep 19, 2011
Blackburn Boss Hails Eagles Striker
Forgotten Super Eagles forward, Yakubu Aiyegbeni's goalscoring start to his Blackburn Rovers career left his manager delighted.
The Nigerian international marked his debut for the club with two vital goals as Rovers picked up their first win of the season with a thrilling 4-3 win over Arsenal at Ewood Park on Saturday.
Speaking to Radio Rovers after the match, manager Steve Kean said: "I'm delighted that we've heard the song "feed the Yak and he will score" already.
"If you give him service then he's a quality finisher, he's very effective in his movement, he doesn't waste energy and when he gets the chance he makes good runs and causes top class defenders problems.
In his own,Yakubu says his self belief has been boosted by the brace.
“Scoring goals gives you more confidence. I believe I can score goals and I have done it again,” said ‘The Yak’ after the match.
The big striker first warmed his way into the heart of the home fans at Ewood Park after 26 minutes when he helped on a through pass and on 59 minutes he doubled his personal tally with a simple tap-in from the goal line.The Nigerian was subsequently voted man-of-the-match.
The brace increased Yakubu's haul against Arsenal to five since he scored his first on Tuesday May 4,2004 in Portsmouth's 1-1 draw with the Gunners at Fratton Park.He also scored twice against Arsena as a Middlesbrough player and now a brace as a Blackburn striker.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Standard Chartered Trophy 2013: Anti-climax Finish For Nigeria As Thailand Emerge Champions (0 comments)
- » Mikel Opts out Of Mexico Friendly (0 comments)
- » Yobo Eyes Turkish Cup Win With Fenerbahce (0 comments)
- » Thailand Win 2013 SC Trophy, Nigeria Are Also-ran (0 comments)
- » Beach Soccer Championship: Nigeria Draw Egypt, Civ, Libya (0 comments)
- » Davis Cup: Nigeria Coach Blames Injuries For Failure (0 comments)
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Moves In Chicken Advert (0 comments)
There are no comments