RABIU HOPES TO RELAUNCH CAREER AT CELTIC
Posted: Jan 29, 2012
Celtic new boy, Rabiu Ibrahim hopes joining the Scottish side will help him get international reckoning once again.
The talented youngster won the FIFA U-17 World Cup with Nigeria in 2007 and two years later represented the West Africans at the U-20 World Cup in Egypt.
But his career nosedived after that, as he failed to make the grade at Portuguese side, Sporting Lisbon and PSV Eindhoven of Holland.
A move to Celtic has however provided the youngster a new platform to relaunch and he is not willing to waste the opportunity stating his desire to represent Nigeria again.
“Moving to Celtic is a great opportunity for me to relaunch my career, begins the skilful midfielder.
“After what happened at PSV it was important for me to get going once again and then Celtic came for me.
“I’m delighted to have joined one of the biggest teams in Scotland. They like good players, produce good players and encourage young players to prove themselves and showcase their talents.
“It’s great to be at the club (Celtic) and I strongly believe that I will get the opportunity to prove myself and play for me again,” he remarked.
Rabiu agreed a three-and-a-half year deal with Celtic two weeks ago and has also been granted work permit to play for his new team.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Clark: Odemwingie Won't Go Cheap (0 comments)
- » MARTINS BACK IN FULL TRAINING FOR MLS CLUB (0 comments)
- » KESHI LEADS 12 HOME-BASED EAGLES TO GERMANY (0 comments)
- » DANNY SHITTU SIGNS NEW MILLWALL DEAL (0 comments)
- » Sidney Sam Set to Dumb Nigeria (0 comments)
- » Give Rafa all the Credit! (0 comments)
- » OWOLABI: EAGLES NEED SUPPORT TO DELIVER W/CUP TICKET (0 comments)
There are no comments