AGENT: HOW CHELSEA CAPTURED OMERUO
: Feb 14, 2012
FIFA-licensed agent, Dominic Egbukwu, has denied rumours in the media that he and his French partner, Noah Olivier, brokered the deal that landed the ex-Sunshine Stars FC of Akure and JUTH FC of Jos ace Kenneth Omeruo at Chelsea.
He told Complete Sports in an interview that it was Omeruo's skill and not anybody's personal contact or effort that sealed his move to London after his short stinct with Belgian side Standard Liege.
Egbukwu revealed that Chelsea had been tracking the former Golden Eaglets defender since after impressing the club officials at the FIFA U-17 World Cup hosted by Nigeria and was recommended to the premier league giants but the Blues Technical Director Michael Emenalo opted to watch him play at a bigger stage in Colombia.
“Chelsea started monitoring Kenneth (Omeruo) during the U-17 World Cup held in Nigeria,” Egbukwu began.
“The officials were highly impressed with his performance. So, after the championship, we had a discussion with Chelsea Sporting Director, Mike Emenalo, who incidentally is a Nigerian.
Today On Complete Sports
- » Eze Dedicates Goal To Teammates (0 comments)
- » NOW THAT OSAZE HAS APOLOGIZED TO KESHI, WHAT NEXT? (0 comments)
- » Keshi Assures On Scouting New Player As William Wins Goal Of The Month Award (0 comments)
- » Aluko Thrilled By Wembley Trip (0 comments)
- » AC Milan, Inter Milan At War Over Mikel (0 comments)
Most Recent Stories
- » UCL: Bayern Munich 1-1 Arsenal (agg 3-1) (0 comments)
- » Akpoborie: Arsenal Must Grab Their Chance (0 comments)
- » Obasi Ends Goal Drought (0 comments)
- » Guardiola: No Possession, No Goals, No Hope (0 comments)
- » Wenger: We Want A Good Referee Vs Bayern (0 comments)
- » Omeruo Listed For Boro Player Of Month Award (0 comments)
- » Ahmed Musa: Yes, Eagles Can Reach W/Cup Semis (0 comments)