AGENT: HOW CHELSEA CAPTURED OMERUO
Posted: Feb 14, 2012
FIFA-licensed agent, Dominic Egbukwu, has denied rumours in the media that he and his French partner, Noah Olivier, brokered the deal that landed the ex-Sunshine Stars FC of Akure and JUTH FC of Jos ace Kenneth Omeruo at Chelsea.
He told Complete Sports in an interview that it was Omeruo's skill and not anybody's personal contact or effort that sealed his move to London after his short stinct with Belgian side Standard Liege.
Egbukwu revealed that Chelsea had been tracking the former Golden Eaglets defender since after impressing the club officials at the FIFA U-17 World Cup hosted by Nigeria and was recommended to the premier league giants but the Blues Technical Director Michael Emenalo opted to watch him play at a bigger stage in Colombia.
“Chelsea started monitoring Kenneth (Omeruo) during the U-17 World Cup held in Nigeria,” Egbukwu began.
“The officials were highly impressed with his performance. So, after the championship, we had a discussion with Chelsea Sporting Director, Mike Emenalo, who incidentally is a Nigerian.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » MARTINS SCORES 3RD GOAL IN 4TH GAME (0 comments)
- » Ogu, Michael to Join eagles on Wednesday (0 comments)
- » HEARTLAND DOWN ABS, GO ATOP LOG (0 comments)
- » Rangers Pip CS Sfaxien 1-0 (0 comments)
- » Newcastle U. 0 - 1 Arsenal (0 comments)
- » Standard Chartered Trophy Final 2013: Nigeria Targets Gold (0 comments)
- » OBUH NAMES PROVISIONAL SQUAD FOR U-20 WORLD CUP (0 comments)
There are no comments