Enyeama still waiting to grab his chance
Posted: Mar 23, 2012
It has continued to be a tale of contrasting fortunes for Nigeria's safest pair of gloves, Vincent Enyeama, this season.
While the former Enyimba and Iwuanyanwu Nationale star remains the undisputed Super Eagles first choice goalkeeper, the opposite is the case with Enyeama at his French side, OSC Lille.
Since switching from Israeli side, Hapoel Tel-Aviv last season, the 29-year old shot-stopper made his debut in an UEFA Champions League group stage game against Inter Milan which Lille lost by a lone goal.
And since that game last year precisely on October 18, Enyeama is yet to feature in a league game for Lille which is a suprising development for the keeper, who had enjoyed constant first team action in the previous teams he has featured for.
Enyeama, a veteran with two FIFA World Cup experiences, has found himself playing second fiddle to 32-year old former French international, Mickael Landreau.
Ironically, while Enyeama with over 60 caps for the Eagles is still regarded as Nigeria's best, Landreau has not got a call-up to the French national team since 2008 and only managed 11 outings for the Les Blues.
However, Enyeama is not losing sleep as the goalkeeper is biding his time, hoping to grab the opportunity when it eventually comes his way.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » MARTINS SCORES 3RD GOAL IN 4TH GAME (0 comments)
- » Ogu, Michael to Join eagles on Wednesday (0 comments)
- » HEARTLAND DOWN ABS, GO ATOP LOG (0 comments)
- » Rangers Pip CS Sfaxien 1-0 (0 comments)
- » Newcastle U. 0 - 1 Arsenal (0 comments)
- » Standard Chartered Trophy Final 2013: Nigeria Targets Gold (0 comments)
- » OBUH NAMES PROVISIONAL SQUAD FOR U-20 WORLD CUP (0 comments)
There are no comments