Keshi Replaces Injured Joel Obi
Posted: May 16, 2012
Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi will replace Inter Milan ace Joel Obi, who has suffered a thigh injury and will be out for a month.
As exclusively reported by Complete Sports yesterday,Keshi lamented the absence of Obi for next month’s World Cup and Nations Cup qualifiers.
“It’s sad that he’s injured, he’s a promising player but we cannot invite an injured player to camp. One thing is certain, he has many years ahead of him to serve his fatherland. I wish him the quickest of recoveries,” Keshi said.
Officials said a replacement will be called up for Obi, as the national team technical crew make last minute adjustments to a squad list to be announced soon.
In Tuesday morning’s training, 17 players featured instead of 18, as Barnabas Imenger was given an off day to shake off the knock he picked up at his club in the hotel gym.
Heartland stars Obinna Nwachukwu and Daniel Akpeyi, as well as Warri Wolves quartet of Chigozie Agbim, Azubuike Egwueke, Sunday Mba and Ossai Uche, who form the spine of the national team at the moment, were also absent in the morning training due to late arrival from continental club assignments.
They are expected to part of Wednesday morning’s training as the battle for shirts for the trip to Lima, Peru, intensifies.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » MARTINS SCORES 3RD GOAL IN 4TH GAME (0 comments)
- » Ogu, Michael to Join eagles on Wednesday (0 comments)
- » HEARTLAND DOWN ABS, GO ATOP LOG (0 comments)
- » Rangers Pip CS Sfaxien 1-0 (0 comments)
- » Newcastle U. 0 - 1 Arsenal (0 comments)
- » Standard Chartered Trophy Final 2013: Nigeria Targets Gold (0 comments)
- » OBUH NAMES PROVISIONAL SQUAD FOR U-20 WORLD CUP (0 comments)
There are no comments