Namibia To Storm Calabar From Germany Training Camp
Posted: May 23, 2012
The Brave Warriors of Namibia will fly directly from their training base in Germany to Nigeria for next weekend's 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification game scheduled for the U.J Esuene stadium in Calabar.
The Namibians arrived Germany yesterday with a strong 21-member squad, where they will be involved in a 10-day training camp ahead of their crucial tie against Nigeria.
While in Germany, they will be engaged in a few friendly games against 3rd division German teams - as part of their preparations.
The travelling entourage has been graced by the presence of a few foreign-based players led by PSL Orlando Pirates striker Rudolph Bester, Virgil Vries, Ephraim Tjihonge, Tangeni Shipahu and Lazarus Kaimbi.
However, Kaimbi will not be playing against Nigeria due to a suspension, after he received two yellow cards in both legs of the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers preliminary round against Djibouti, but will however be available for selection when Namibia meets Kenya on June 9 at Windhoek’s Independence Stadium.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Clark: Odemwingie Won't Go Cheap (0 comments)
- » MARTINS BACK IN FULL TRAINING FOR MLS CLUB (0 comments)
- » KESHI LEADS 12 HOME-BASED EAGLES TO GERMANY (0 comments)
- » DANNY SHITTU SIGNS NEW MILLWALL DEAL (0 comments)
- » Sidney Sam Set to Dumb Nigeria (0 comments)
- » Give Rafa all the Credit! (0 comments)
- » OWOLABI: EAGLES NEED SUPPORT TO DELIVER W/CUP TICKET (0 comments)
There are no comments