Van Persie Demands £275,000 A Week To Join Real, Barca
Posted: May 20, 2012
Arsenal captain Robin van Persie’s wage demands are putting off suitors.
The Daily Mail says Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester City are baulking at the astronomical numbers associated with a bid for the 28-year-old.
As well as Arsenal demanding a transfer fee of more than £20million, sources in Spain claim that Van Persie wants to be paid in line with top earners such as Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, who receive weekly wages upwards of £275,000.
Meanwhile, Manchester City are convinced they can land the Arsenal skipper
The Guardian says City are considering making him the club’s highest-paid player. Khaldoon al-Mubarak, the chairman, may sanction offering the Dutchman more than the £250,000 weekly salary earned by Yaya Touré.
The potential deal is far enough along for the possible move to have been the talk of the dressing room for a few weeks.
City, who have been conducting homework on the striker for some time, are confident that Van Persie will leave Arsenal and that the lure of joining the title winners plus a salary that would take him beyond Touré and Carlos Tevez, the club’s highest-paid players, will convince him to move on.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » MARTINS SCORES 3RD GOAL IN 4TH GAME (0 comments)
- » Ogu, Michael to Join eagles on Wednesday (0 comments)
- » HEARTLAND DOWN ABS, GO ATOP LOG (0 comments)
- » Rangers Pip CS Sfaxien 1-0 (0 comments)
- » Newcastle U. 0 - 1 Arsenal (0 comments)
- » Standard Chartered Trophy Final 2013: Nigeria Targets Gold (0 comments)
- » OBUH NAMES PROVISIONAL SQUAD FOR U-20 WORLD CUP (0 comments)
There are no comments