Buhari is Match Commissioner
Posted: Jun 22, 2012
The Nigeria Football Federation has appointed retired FIFA woman referee, Jamila Buhari, as Match Commissioner for Saturday’s high-profile international friendly match between the Super Falcons and Banyana Banyana.
Buhari, 54, distinguished herself as a woman of the whistle and ultimately rose to the position of a FIFA Woman Referee in 1991, before retiring three years later.
Saturday’s match is the second of a two-leg prestigeous arrangement between two of the leading women’s football teams in Africa, with the first leg at the Royal Bafokeng Stadium in Rustenburg, South Africa on June 3 ending in a 1-1 draw.
Officials have confirmed that Beninoise match referees will take charge of Saturday’s game at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere, Lagos, with the Banyana Banyana delegation hitting Lagos on Thursday night aboard Kenya Airways flight from Nairobi.
NFF President Aminu Maigari, 1st Vice President Mike Umeh, Executive Committee members Chris Green and Ayodeji Tinubu, General Secretary Musa Amadu and Lagos State FA Chairman Seyi Akinwunmi are among dignitaries expected to attend Saturday’s showdown.
The Banyana Banyana are staying at the upscale Eko Hotel and Suites in Victoria Island and will depart Nigeria on Saturday night aboard a Kenya Airways flight, after the match.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » MARTINS SCORES 3RD GOAL IN 4TH GAME (0 comments)
- » Ogu, Michael to Join eagles on Wednesday (0 comments)
- » HEARTLAND DOWN ABS, GO ATOP LOG (0 comments)
- » Rangers Pip CS Sfaxien 1-0 (0 comments)
- » Newcastle U. 0 - 1 Arsenal (0 comments)
- » Standard Chartered Trophy Final 2013: Nigeria Targets Gold (0 comments)
- » OBUH NAMES PROVISIONAL SQUAD FOR U-20 WORLD CUP (0 comments)
There are no comments