Enyimba to miss Okoye
Posted: Jun 07, 2012
Enyimba of Aba will be without attacking midfielder, Onykachi Okoye in today’s trip to Sharks in a rescheduled week 24 Premier League game.
Okoye who also sat out action in Saturday’s 0-1 loss at Warri Wolves, had been ruled out of the following ill health.
“I picked a slight injury and had to be treated with an injection but later got swollen face”, the former Lobi Stars ace told Complete Sports.
Okoye said he was gradually recovering and added he would resume training next week.
“It was a nasty experience. Thank God I’m getting better. Hopefully, I will resume training next week”.
The one time defunct Jasper United ace is confident Enyimba will roar to their seventh League title at the close of the current season.
“We are working hard towards that. The players and coaches are positive about it and we cannot get to this stage and falter.
“It is not in our character but I know the race is tough because Rangers are also doing well in the league”, he said.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Standard Chartered Trophy 2013: Anti-climax Finish For Nigeria As Thailand Emerge Champions (0 comments)
- » Mikel Opts out Of Mexico Friendly (0 comments)
- » Yobo Eyes Turkish Cup Win With Fenerbahce (0 comments)
- » Thailand Win 2013 SC Trophy, Nigeria Are Also-ran (0 comments)
- » Beach Soccer Championship: Nigeria Draw Egypt, Civ, Libya (0 comments)
- » Davis Cup: Nigeria Coach Blames Injuries For Failure (0 comments)
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Moves In Chicken Advert (0 comments)
There are no comments