Federation Cup Update: Dolphins Crash out
Posted: Jun 27, 2012
Lower league club Plateau United Tuesday eliminated league champions Dolphin from this year’s Federation Cup with a lone goal victory.
The Jos side proved a hard nut to crack for Dolphin and a rookie Mer Bulus, who was drafted into the main team from feeder team, made the difference between the two teams in this cup tie when he struck in the 48th minute.
Another shock result saw El Kanemi Warriors, recently promoted to the top flight, send packing NPL side Rising Stars 5-4 via penalties after the regulation time ended 2-2.
In Minna, Kogi United beat FC Abuja 4-3 on penalties after the game ended 1-1 after regulation time.
Kano Pillars defeated Nembe City 2-1 in Lokoja. Rabiu Ali and Gambo Mohammed scored for the NPL title chasers in either half of a keenly contested encounter.
Ali put Kano Pillars front in the 15th minute, before Nembe City equalised in the 83rd minute.
Striker Gambo Mohammed sealed victory for his team with a header in the 88th minute.
Nasarawa United recorded the biggest win when they whitewashed non-league side Ajax 4-0 in Minna.
Ibrahim Shaibu, Dauda Shehu, Bidemi Wahab and Ade Fagbemi were the goal scorers for the Lafia team.
Niger Tornadoes main team also moved into the next round of the cup competition at the expense of Makwada, who failed to turn up.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Clark: Odemwingie Won't Go Cheap (0 comments)
- » MARTINS BACK IN FULL TRAINING FOR MLS CLUB (0 comments)
- » KESHI LEADS 12 HOME-BASED EAGLES TO GERMANY (0 comments)
- » DANNY SHITTU SIGNS NEW MILLWALL DEAL (0 comments)
- » Sidney Sam Set to Dumb Nigeria (0 comments)
- » Give Rafa all the Credit! (0 comments)
- » OWOLABI: EAGLES NEED SUPPORT TO DELIVER W/CUP TICKET (0 comments)
There are no comments