Genk Agree Fee For Nigerian Striker
Posted: Jun 21, 2012
Belgian side, Genk, have agreed a pre-contract deal with Westerlo’s Osagie Bright, but the striker will not join the team until July, Complete Sports has been informed.
Bright will turn 18 in July, meaning that the deal will be completed before the summer transfer window closes in August.
Genk have not disclosed the exact fee but reports have it that the relegated outfit will receive about £2m for the highly rated youngster who scored 16 goals for the Westerlo youth side.
Osagie who was with Westerlo for two years was also linked with a switch to Belgian sides Kortrijk and Anderlecht before Genk made their move.
He is the second Nigerian player at the club after Olympic Eagles Kennedy Nwanganga prolonged his contract with them. Kennedy is tied to the club until June 2016.
The former Golden Eaglets invitee is now eligible to feature for the Belgian senior side if manager Mario Been wishes to select him.
Today on Complete Sports
- » Ugbade: Eaglets'll Start W/Cup Preparation In June (0 comments)
- » Lewis Hamilton Pimps Helmet With Cartoon Of Girlfriend And Dog For Monaco Grand Prix (0 comments)
- » Welcome to Anfield (0 comments)
- » 'Xavi: Jose's Truly the Special One (0 comments)
- » AKPALA, OGU, BABATUNDE STORM SUPER EAGLES CAMP (0 comments)
Most Recent Stories
- » Kano Pillars Thump Kaduna United 3-2, Reclaim Top Spot (0 comments)
- » Oduamadi Joins Eagles Thursday (0 comments)
- » Martins Promises More Sounders Goals (0 comments)
- » Kryvbas Reject Offer For Michael (0 comments)
- » OSUCHUKWU: I WANT TO WIN U-20 W/CUP WITH F/EAGLES (0 comments)
- » Sanogo: Arsenal is my Choice (0 comments)
- » Jovetic Set for £24.5m Arsenal move (0 comments)
There are no comments