I WON'T GO DOWN WITH VILLARREAL
Posted: Jun 25, 2012
Super Eagles forward, Ikechukwu Uche has revealed he will stay on at Granada on loan from demoted Villarreal in the forthcoming Spanish La Liga season.
The 28-year-old Uche spent the past season on loan to Granada, who did well to stay up in their first season back in the top flight after a very long absence.
“I’m staying at Granada. I enjoyed myself at the club last season,” Uche said.
“I belong to Villarreal but my loan deal is still on at Granada.”
Villarreal were relegated from the Spanish top flight this past season after they placed 18th on the table.
Uche has won over Granada fans with a handful of crucial goals in 34 appearances after they initially booed him.
The Nigeria striker said he would prefer to continue his career in Spain, where he has been since 2001, rather than be lured by the glamour of the English Premier League.
“I am happy where I am because the best football is played in Spain. I am not crazy about the England thing,” said the striker, who has also featured for Getafe and Real Zaragoza.
He would rather look forward to teaming up with any of the top four teams in the La Liga.
“I look forward to playing for any of the top four teams in La Liga, talking about Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid,” he revealed.
“I have played against these teams and left lasting impressions after those games.”
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Yobo Wins Turkish Cup, Nominated For Top Award (0 comments)
- » Kano Pillars Thump Kaduna United 3-2, Reclaim Top Spot (0 comments)
- » Oduamadi Joins Eagles Thursday (0 comments)
- » Martins Promises More Sounders Goals (0 comments)
- » Kryvbas Reject Offer For Michael (0 comments)
- » OSUCHUKWU: I WANT TO WIN U-20 W/CUP WITH F/EAGLES (0 comments)
- » Sanogo: Arsenal is my Choice (0 comments)
There are no comments