Nigeria Pull Out Of FUTSAL World Cup
Posted: Jun 21, 2012
The Nigeria Football Federation have pulled the country’s team out of the FIFA FUTSAL (five-a-side) World Cup qualifiers.
Nigeria were expected to host Egypt this weekend in the second leg final round qualifier after the first leg ended 8-2 in favour of the Egyptians.
However MTNFootball.com gathered that the football federation have written FIFA and the Egyptian FA that it could not host the return leg due to logistics reasons.
"We have decided to withdraw after weighing up a lot of issues including finance. And we have humbly written FIFA and Egypt to inform them on our position" said a top NFF official.
Last week, Nigeria also withdrew from the adidas U15 championship billed for Mexico due to lack of finances.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Standard Chartered Trophy 2013: Anti-climax Finish For Nigeria As Thailand Emerge Champions (0 comments)
- » Mikel Opts out Of Mexico Friendly (0 comments)
- » Yobo Eyes Turkish Cup Win With Fenerbahce (0 comments)
- » Thailand Win 2013 SC Trophy, Nigeria Are Also-ran (0 comments)
- » Beach Soccer Championship: Nigeria Draw Egypt, Civ, Libya (0 comments)
- » Davis Cup: Nigeria Coach Blames Injuries For Failure (0 comments)
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Moves In Chicken Advert (0 comments)
There are no comments