No Foreign Pros For Arsenal Challenge
Posted: Jun 30, 2012
Officials said Nigeria will line up only players from the domestic league for a high-profile friendly against EPL side Arsenal in August.
”The home-based Eagles will play against Arsenal, we are not going to invite a single foreign-based player for that game,” General Secretary of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Musa Amadu told MTNFootball.com
This means that the likes of goalkeeper Chigozie Agbim, Gabriel Reuben, Papa Idris, Godfrey Oboabona, Juwon Oshaniwa, Azubuike Egwueke, Ejike Uzoenyi, Sunday Mba and Henry Uche will be paraded against the top stars of Arsenal like Robin van Persie, Alex Song, Theo Walcott and Mikel Arteta.
The August 5 clash in Abuja will form part of coach Stephen Keshi’s preparations for a final round of qualifiers for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa, which will be played between September and October.
The Eagles are also billed for another friendly most likely an African team on August 15, which is a FIFA free day.
It is believed that for this game overseas-based pros will then be involved.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Yobo Wins Turkish Cup, Nominated For Top Award (0 comments)
- » Kano Pillars Thump Kaduna United 3-2, Reclaim Top Spot (0 comments)
- » Oduamadi Joins Eagles Thursday (0 comments)
- » Martins Promises More Sounders Goals (0 comments)
- » Kryvbas Reject Offer For Michael (0 comments)
- » OSUCHUKWU: I WANT TO WIN U-20 W/CUP WITH F/EAGLES (0 comments)
- » Sanogo: Arsenal is my Choice (0 comments)
OBOABONA REVEALS EURO MOVE AFTER CONFED. CUP Kryvbas Reject Offer For Michael Temile Warns Keshi Against Confederations Cup Distraction No Foreign Pros For Arsenal Challenge 42-MAN PILLARS STORM LIBERIA PSG Make Rooney Move MARTINS SCORES 3RD GOAL IN 4TH GAME Ogunjobi: Eagles Ready To Deliver Presidential Mandate THE BIRTH OF NEW EAGLES! Beach Eagles Beat Libya 8-4