Ronaldo's 12th Best Player in the World
Posted: Jun 21, 2012
Barcelona president, Sandro Rossell, has claimed that Christiano Ronaldo is only the “12th best player in the world” and has also taken a dig at his Real Madrid manager, Jose Mourinho.
Ronaldo is widely considered to be the greatest European footballer currently active, second only to Barca’s own Leo Messi in world football. The Portuguese attacker took offence this week when Danish fans at Euro 2012 chanted “Messi, Messi, Messi” at him and Rossell comments are likely to further enrage the Portugal captain.
“Cristiano Ronaldo is not the second best player in the world, he is the 12th. The first 11 are the Barcelona players,” Rosell told Spanish paper AS.
“Outside Spain everyone is clear that Messi should win the Golden Ball,” he added.
Rossell also criticised Mourinho and referred to an incident when the former Chelsea boss clashed with current Barca manager Tito Vilanova after an El Classico match.
“I wouldn’t accept a coach who wants to win at any cost. I would apologise if a coach put his finger in the eye of another.”
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » MARTINS SCORES 3RD GOAL IN 4TH GAME (0 comments)
- » Ogu, Michael to Join eagles on Wednesday (0 comments)
- » HEARTLAND DOWN ABS, GO ATOP LOG (0 comments)
- » Rangers Pip CS Sfaxien 1-0 (0 comments)
- » Newcastle U. 0 - 1 Arsenal (0 comments)
- » Standard Chartered Trophy Final 2013: Nigeria Targets Gold (0 comments)
- » OBUH NAMES PROVISIONAL SQUAD FOR U-20 WORLD CUP (0 comments)