RWANDA DANGERMAN TO MISS EAGLES TIE
Posted: Jun 13, 2012
Rwanda star striker Elias Uzamukunda will miss their second leg preliminary tie of the 2013 African Nations Cup qualifier against the Super Eagles due to a knee injury, the media officer of the team Bonnie Mugabe has revealed to Complete Sports.
Uzamukunda played for 25 minutes in the Amavubi's 1-1 home draw against Benin Republic in last Sunday's Group H 2014 World Cup qualifier but was substituted by Dady Birori.
"He has a little problem with his knee and the coach has permitted him to seek medical attention," Mugabe told Complete Sports.
The 22-year-old striker who missed the first leg encounter which ended goalless in Kigali has scored two goals in five appearances for Michio Sredojevic's side since his debut against current African champions Zambia in a World Cup qualifier in 2009.
The Amavubi need any scoring draw to keep alive their hopes of making South Africa.
Uzamukunda plays for French third division club AS Cannes.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » MARTINS SCORES 3RD GOAL IN 4TH GAME (0 comments)
- » Ogu, Michael to Join eagles on Wednesday (0 comments)
- » HEARTLAND DOWN ABS, GO ATOP LOG (0 comments)
- » Rangers Pip CS Sfaxien 1-0 (0 comments)
- » Newcastle U. 0 - 1 Arsenal (0 comments)
- » Standard Chartered Trophy Final 2013: Nigeria Targets Gold (0 comments)
- » OBUH NAMES PROVISIONAL SQUAD FOR U-20 WORLD CUP (0 comments)
There are no comments