3SC Legend, Samuel Ojebode is Dead
Posted: Jul 04, 2012
Shooting Stars legend and former Green Eagles player, Samuel Ojebode has died at the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan. The club announced his demise on their Facebook page in the early hours of Wednesday. “The entire Shooting Stars family has mourned the death of former IICC Captain and 3SC chairman, Samuel Ojebode who died in the early hours of Wednesday at the University College Hospital UCH” the club posted on the social media platform.
Explaining the cause of his death, the club posted that “Ojebode died of suspected lung cancer according to a medical report” The club said the death came as a rude shock considering the recovery of the late soccer icon from the sickness last year. The club prayed for the family of the soccer star while also praying for the repose of the soul of Sam Ojebode. Ojebode was part of the Shooting Stars team that won Nigeria’s first African Cup Winners Cup in 1976. It was Nigeria’s first continental trophy and the late Ojebode was the captain of the team. He captained the Shooting Stars team from 1974 and 1980. He was also a member of the then Green Eagles, playing in the left full back position. On retirement from active football, Ojebode coached Shooting Stars FC, now Shooting Stars Sports Club, and also served as chairman of the team’s board.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Clark: Odemwingie Won't Go Cheap (0 comments)
- » MARTINS BACK IN FULL TRAINING FOR MLS CLUB (0 comments)
- » KESHI LEADS 12 HOME-BASED EAGLES TO GERMANY (0 comments)
- » DANNY SHITTU SIGNS NEW MILLWALL DEAL (0 comments)
- » Sidney Sam Set to Dumb Nigeria (0 comments)
- » Give Rafa all the Credit! (0 comments)
- » OWOLABI: EAGLES NEED SUPPORT TO DELIVER W/CUP TICKET (0 comments)
There are no comments