He's A True Gunner
Posted: Jul 10, 2012
Arsenal have clearly learnt their lessons with the Robin van Persie saga and are now looking to tie down one of the top performers, Laurent Kocielny, to a new long-term deal.
Van Persie has just one year remaining and has indicated he wants to leave the club, while Theo Walcott has also entered the final year of his deal and there has been speculation about his future.
However. Arsenal are desperate to make sure the same situation does not happen with Koscielny and they are prepared to offer him a contract that runs until 2017.
The France international currently has two years remaining on his current contract and has suitably impressed with a number of impressive displays last season.
Koscielny became one of the most consistent performers last season and was able to keep his place in the side ahead of last summer's signing Per Mertesacker who somewhat struggled in his debut season in the Premie League.
Goal.com has reported that Arsenal have made the offer after learning that there was interest from a number of European clubs, including Inter Milan.
Koscielny joined from Lorient in the summer of 2010 and enjoyed a relatively successful first season, before really making a name for himself in the previous campaign where he also caught the eye of France manager Laurent Blanc and was selected for Euro 2012.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Yobo Wins Turkish Cup, Nominated For Top Award (0 comments)
- » Kano Pillars Thump Kaduna United 3-2, Reclaim Top Spot (0 comments)
- » Oduamadi Joins Eagles Thursday (0 comments)
- » Martins Promises More Sounders Goals (0 comments)
- » Kryvbas Reject Offer For Michael (0 comments)
- » OSUCHUKWU: I WANT TO WIN U-20 W/CUP WITH F/EAGLES (0 comments)
- » Sanogo: Arsenal is my Choice (0 comments)
There are no comments