Keshi: Laffor Is Man To Watch In Liberia
Posted: Jul 11, 2012
Super Eagles head coach, Stephen Keshi has identified Anthony Laffor as the main threat his side will face when they face Liberia’s Lone Star in the final round of qualifying for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.
Both nations go head-to-head over two legs of the final qualifying round for a ticket to the 2013 Afcon.
Laffor plies his trade in the South African Premier Soccer League (PSL) with Mamelodi Sundowns and Keshi believes the 27-year-old must be kept quiet if the Super Eagles are to make it to South Africa next year.
“I know (Laffour) very well and I can say he is a good player. He has been doing well in the PSL I have watched him severally,” Keshi told SuperSport.com.
Laffor scored 14 goals in 62 appearances for Jomo Cosmos between 2005 and 2009 before going on to have his most successful season so far at SuperSport United scoring 24 goals in 85 appearances.
Keshi however claims that the Lone Star are not just all about Laffor insisting that the entire Liberian side would not be underrated.
“(The Lone Star) is not all about Laffor and we must show all the Liberian players respect and play in the right way if we are to qualify for South Africa,” he said.
Keshi’s first game in charge of the Super Eagles was against Liberia.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Standard Chartered Trophy 2013: Anti-climax Finish For Nigeria As Thailand Emerge Champions (0 comments)
- » Mikel Opts out Of Mexico Friendly (0 comments)
- » Yobo Eyes Turkish Cup Win With Fenerbahce (0 comments)
- » Thailand Win 2013 SC Trophy, Nigeria Are Also-ran (0 comments)
- » Beach Soccer Championship: Nigeria Draw Egypt, Civ, Libya (0 comments)
- » Davis Cup: Nigeria Coach Blames Injuries For Failure (0 comments)
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Moves In Chicken Advert (0 comments)
There are no comments