Obasi's Making Progress
Posted: Jul 10, 2012
Super Eagles forward Chinedu Obasi will not be part of Schalke O4 pre-season following the recent shin surgery he underwent, but coach Hubb Stevens has expressed deep satisfaction over the rate of his recovery ahead of the commencement of the new season.
Obasi who moved away from TSG Hoffeinhem in the middle of last season has been plagued by incessant injuries which affected his performance and number of games he featured in for the club.
However, despite the fact that he will not be part of what should be his first full pre-season for the club that will play in the UEFA Champions League next season, the club boss says everything should be okay when he eventually return to full fitness.
Chinedu Obasi 'll be out for a few weeks after the recent operation on his shin. We knew that. The good news is that Chinedu doesn't have any pin in his shin anymore, everything is out. He also had a tear in his tendon which meant that he had been playing through the pain barrier in order to help the team.
In the next few days and weeks, he'll undergo a rehabilitation programme. He was at the team meeting before the first training session and he can't wait to make his comeback,” Hubb enthused.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Amata Makes IAAF Diamond League Debut In New York (0 comments)
- » 3SC Appoint Busari Substantive Coach (0 comments)
- » Kenya Replace Oliech With Agogo For Eagles Clash (0 comments)
- » Kenya Begin Preparation For Eagles Clash Monday (0 comments)
- » Yobo Relishes Turkish Cup Win (0 comments)
- » Ugbade: Eaglets'll Start W/Cup Preparation In June (0 comments)
- » Lewis Hamilton Pimps Helmet With Cartoon Of Girlfriend And Dog For Monaco Grand Prix (0 comments)
There are no comments