Table Tennis: Quadri Joins Toriola, Oshinaike On Scrapheap
Posted: Jul 30, 2012
Nigeria’s only survivor in the Table Tennis event of the London 2012 Olympic Games, Aruna Quadri has joined his colleagues in shattering whatever hope we have for a medal in the sport.
Quadri, the only player who electrified the hall in his first victory over Spanish Machado, hit below par against Turkish Vang Bora losing 4-2. The youngster who was making his Olympic debut could not come to terms with reality.
‘’I can’t believe it’s over for me,’’ he sulked.
The four-Nigerian team of two male and two females have thus ended Nigeria’s expectation(if any) in Table Tennis, a sport that Nigeria not only ruled Africa but the Commonwealth Games during the golden era of Atanda Musa, Olawunmi Majekodunmi.
The athletes have 48 hours to leave London after their defeat.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Yobo Wins Turkish Cup, Nominated For Top Award (0 comments)
- » Kano Pillars Thump Kaduna United 3-2, Reclaim Top Spot (0 comments)
- » Oduamadi Joins Eagles Thursday (0 comments)
- » Martins Promises More Sounders Goals (0 comments)
- » Kryvbas Reject Offer For Michael (0 comments)
- » OSUCHUKWU: I WANT TO WIN U-20 W/CUP WITH F/EAGLES (0 comments)
- » Sanogo: Arsenal is my Choice (0 comments)
There are no comments