Brazil 1 - Mexico 2
Posted: Aug 11, 2012
Brazil lost 2-1 to Mexico in the London 2012 Summer Olympics gold-medal match on Saturday afternoon.
The Brazilians were consensus favorites going into the Games. On paper it looked as though they had the potential to be one of the greatest Olympic football clubs ever, if not the greatest. Through five contests, it looked as though Brazil would go down in history as exactly that, as it had scored three goals in each one of its matches.
Mexico wouldn’t hear of it, though. It rode an early lead to the finish line to claim the Olympic crown.
While this is an upset, remember, Mexico defeated the Brazilians, 2-0, in an international friendly back on June 3rd.
Here’s a recap of the Mexicans’ silencing of Brazil, again.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » ISAH AKOR: I‘M GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY FOR SUPER EAGLES (0 comments)
- » OKOCHA BACKS NFF ON CUT MEASURES (0 comments)
- » Lewandowski Coy on Next Move (0 comments)
- » Wenger Wanted Becks (0 comments)
- » BESIKTAS LEAD IN ENERAMO CHASE (0 comments)
- » EMENIKE SET FOR FENERBAHCE RETURN (0 comments)
- » HULL SACK OLOFINJANA (0 comments)
There are no comments