"Call For Sports Ministers Sacking Unfair"
Posted: Aug 15, 2012
The call for the sacking of the Sports Minister and Chairman of the National Sports Commission (NSC) Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi by Uche Chukwumerije, a Senator, has been described as unfair and selfish.
“How can a Senator who should know better blame MallamAbdullahi who was appointed Sports Minister a few months ago for the dwindling fortunes of sports in Nigeria which began soon after the era of Isaac Akoiye as director of sports,’ ’asked Emmanuel Akpan at the Nigeria House in London yesterday.
Akpan posited that MallamAbdullahi was appointed Supervisory Minister of Sports about six months ago, “ within this short period, Abdullahi was able to solve some of the age-long problems that crippled our football for over two decades. For the first time in many years, Nigeria went to a major games and championship without government delegation, he also ensured that money was released for preparations of athletes a few months before the games; normally our athletes get money during the games.He ensured that athletes got the best training in the world, they were paid their allowances and bonuses as at when due, so how could anybody blame a man that was only confirmed as sports minister two months ago for the rot in the system that has been on for decades, this is not fair.’’
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Clark: Odemwingie Won't Go Cheap (0 comments)
- » MARTINS BACK IN FULL TRAINING FOR MLS CLUB (0 comments)
- » KESHI LEADS 12 HOME-BASED EAGLES TO GERMANY (0 comments)
- » DANNY SHITTU SIGNS NEW MILLWALL DEAL (0 comments)
- » Sidney Sam Set to Dumb Nigeria (0 comments)
- » Give Rafa all the Credit! (0 comments)
- » OWOLABI: EAGLES NEED SUPPORT TO DELIVER W/CUP TICKET (0 comments)