Christiantus Cancels Hamburg Contract
Posted: Aug 05, 2012
Ex-Nigeria U17 star Macauley Chrisantus has sensationally terminated his contract at German Bundesliga side Hamburg to move to Spain.
Chrisantus has joined Las Palmas in the Spanish second division on a four-year contract, MTNFootball.com can report.
A top source informed MTNFootball.com that the former schoolboy international still has a year left on his contract at Hamburg, who were also keen to sign a new deal with the 21-year-old striker when the current contract ends next summer.
“It’s a rather surprise move especially as Hamburg were willing to extend his contract,” the source disclosed.
And now with Chrisantus walking out on the Bundesliga club, his dream to get a residence permit in Germany may be in jeopardy as he has yet to complete the five years needed for such an application.
The striker who was Goal King at the 2007 FIFA U17 World Cup in Korea with seven goals joined Hamburg on a four-year contract soon after that tournament.
However, he failed to make any appearance for the club in a competitive game and was instead sent out on loan to FSV Frankfurt and Karlsruhe in the German second-tier league.
Last year, his contract was extended till the summer of 2013.
Last season, he fired eight goals for FSV Frankfurt and was even linked with a move to city rivals Eintracht Frankfurt, who have returned to the German top flight.
The player featured in Hamburg’s pre-season build-up and even enjoyed a cameo role in the friendly against mighty Barcelona.
Las Palmas, who finished ninth in the Spanish Segunda Division and are based in the Canary Islands, have already presented the striker to the public now known as “Macky” and handed him the No.9 shirt.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Amata Makes IAAF Diamond League Debut In New York (0 comments)
- » 3SC Appoint Busari Substantive Coach (0 comments)
- » Kenya Replace Oliech With Agogo For Eagles Clash (0 comments)
- » Kenya Begin Preparation For Eagles Clash Monday (0 comments)
- » Yobo Relishes Turkish Cup Win (0 comments)
- » Ugbade: Eaglets'll Start W/Cup Preparation In June (0 comments)
- » Lewis Hamilton Pimps Helmet With Cartoon Of Girlfriend And Dog For Monaco Grand Prix (0 comments)
There are no comments