CHUKWU: DON’T USE NIGER RESULT TO JUDGE EAGLES
Posted: Aug 17, 2012
Nigeria Football Federation’s board member, Christian Chukwu, says friendly game against Niger on Wednesday should not be used to judge the team ahead of the 2013 African Cup of Nations qualifier against Liberia.
The Super Eagles under the control of coach Stephen Keshi were held to a goalless draw in the encounter played in Niameny on Wednesday.
“Well, I don’t think we should use this result to judge this team because it is a friendly game which will help the coaches to know the area they need to improve upon in the team,” says the former Super Eagles boss.
“Keshi knew he said only the home based players should play the match so that he will be able to see the fitness level of the home based players who will be part of the main team that will play next month’s game against Liberia.
“So, we should just be patient with the team and see the level the coach will take it to the nearest future. They have done well recently and I am sure they will continue to improve.”
Chukwu who also spoke ahead of the 2013 African Cup of Nations qualifier against the Lone Star of Liberia next month, said he was sure that the Nigeria players will do better in the encounter.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Yobo Wins Turkish Cup, Nominated For Top Award (0 comments)
- » Kano Pillars Thump Kaduna United 3-2, Reclaim Top Spot (0 comments)
- » Oduamadi Joins Eagles Thursday (0 comments)
- » Martins Promises More Sounders Goals (0 comments)
- » Kryvbas Reject Offer For Michael (0 comments)
- » OSUCHUKWU: I WANT TO WIN U-20 W/CUP WITH F/EAGLES (0 comments)
- » Rooney Becomes a Father Again (0 comments)