Eagles Star, Uche kalu, Loses Father
Posted: Aug 22, 2012
Emerging Super Eagles striker, Uche Kalu, has lost his father and has been permitted to go to Aba to make burial preparations for the burial. Kalu’s father died while the player was away on national assignment in the friendly against Niger Republic last week in Niamey.
Head Coach Stephen Keshi,speaking on behalf of the team wishes the Kalu family in Igbere the fortitude to bear the loss, especially when the death is coming at a crucial point in Nigeria’s preparations for the qualifying game against the Lone Star of Liberia in Monrovia.
Kalu has been a mainstay in the national team since Keshi took over from Samson Siasia last year posting positive outings in the World Cup and Nations Cup qualifiers with several assists. He scored in Eagles friendly against Egypt in Dubai and posted the two assists with which Sunday Mba scored twice against Lone Star of Liberia in a friendly played in January in Monrovia.
He is expected to return to camp early enough to be part of the trip to Monrovia for the first leg of the Nations Cup qualifier after family arrangements must have been concluded for the burial of his late father.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Standard Chartered Trophy 2013: Anti-climax Finish For Nigeria As Thailand Emerge Champions (0 comments)
- » Mikel Opts out Of Mexico Friendly (0 comments)
- » Yobo Eyes Turkish Cup Win With Fenerbahce (0 comments)
- » Thailand Win 2013 SC Trophy, Nigeria Are Also-ran (0 comments)
- » Beach Soccer Championship: Nigeria Draw Egypt, Civ, Libya (0 comments)
- » Davis Cup: Nigeria Coach Blames Injuries For Failure (0 comments)
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Moves In Chicken Advert (0 comments)
There are no comments